Today was Kyleigh's 1st Birthday!!!!
The day started off at Haley's school for her Thanksgiving performance...too cute! She did a great job (and Kyleigh LOVED it!!)

This evening we had the family over for dinner and cake!
Ellen, from Paul's work, made this gorgeous princess castle cake for Kyleigh!!! It was HUGE hit! Thank you Ellen!!!




Kyleigh is a very proficient and fast crawler but doesn't seem to want to walk. She can pull herself up and walk along furniture, but is still very unsteady in her feet if she lets go!






Here's a picture of Haley on her 1st Birthday...same hat!!
Kyleigh hardly ate any! She mushed it all over her tray and put a couple pieces in her mouth, that's all! This is as dirty as she got!




I can't believe one has has already passed! I remember this day last year as though it was yesterday! For those of you who don't know, the day before Kyleigh's birth was kind of a funny/eventful day! We were all anxiously awaiting our new arrival (she was a few days late at this point) and Paul headed out for work that morning of the 24th. He was nervous with anticipation, plus coming down with some sort of flu, so he ended up coming home sick that afternoon. He slept most of the day and we though he was feeling better! Well, that night, about an hour after we went to bed, Paul woke up sick as a dog and began to throw up. For all of you who have been around me when I'm pregnant, you know I have a very weak stomach during those 9 months! So, what do I do... after hearing him, I run to the other bathroom and start throwing up myself...it was quite comical (I even remember thinking so at the time)! Well, sure enough, about 30 minutes later I was in labor and within the hour at about 1:00 am we were in the hospital 5 cm dilated and moving very quickly! The epidural slowed things down for bit, but then, when my water broke at 5:30 am, it was only a matter of 25 minutes until our beautiful angel came into this world! The first thing the doctor said was, "Wow, she can CRY!" I told her that was nothing...she ought to hear her sister :) " Here are some pictures from this day last year!!
The doctor who delivered Kyleigh (Dr. Coleman was home with sick kids in the middle of the night), and our wonderful nurse!



1 comments:
1) Happy birthday, Kyleigh!
2) What a story!
3) Cute cake!
4) That's so cute that Haley cried...she loved her sister from the get go!
Post a Comment